Dale Clary is a highly qualified litigator with an extensive record of success handling design, construction, contract, and related disputes on behalf of architects, designers, real estate developers, builders, and subcontractors, as well as state agencies and other public entities. A certified arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, he understands the risks and costs of traditional litigation and works with clients to identify and pursue effective dispute-resolution strategies that achieve business goals while minimizing potential exposure. In addition to his litigation experience, Dale has deep knowledge of federalism law and the complex relationships between federal and state governments.
Dale has decades of experience representing parties on all sides of design and construction disputes, including professional liability and personal injury claims, and is well-versed in the highly technical, document-intensive issues at the center of such conflicts. Drawing on this background, he regularly provides dispute-prevention counsel to clients, helping them anticipate and avoid missteps early in the process. He also recognizes that business disputes do not, by necessity, mean the end of business relationships; wherever possible, he helps clients identify and pursue actions that resolve issues, prevent construction delays, and enable projects and collaborations to move forward in a positive manner.
A thought-leader in the design and construction law community, Dale regularly speaks before professional organizations on a range of legal and business issues.
Dale is a member of the Federalist Society, the Convention of States, the Heritage Foundation, and related organizations focused on the intersection of federal and state law. He has a particular interest in and has in-depth experience in voting and elections, as a member of the Louisiana Voting System Commission.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution: Mediation and Arbitration
- Design & Construction
- Professional Liability
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- US District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- US District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- All Louisiana State Courts
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Alliance for Responsible Transportation, Founding Member
- Bayou Manchac Task Force
- The Heritage Foundation
- Louisiana Association of Christian Lawyers
- The Federalist Society of Baton Rouge, Lawyers Chapter
- Louisiana Voting System Commission, Member
- Convention of States
- The Chapel on the Campus
- The Dunham School, Pawbacker Board (2000–2003 and 2011–2014), President (2003), Vice President (2001)
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
- Louisiana State University
BS, Psychology, 1975